Members: 15,773
Threads: 38,564
Online: 58

Newest Member: steveterry

Go Back   The Relationship Forums > The Relationship > The Sex Shop

Notices

The Sex Shop Everything from masturbation to sex to periods to pregnancy to anything sexually related. We're one hell of a well-rounded forum.

Unread August 4th, 2008, 09:15 PM   #1
tiakitty
Flirtatious

tiakitty is on a distinguished road
Default Tampons hurt when I use them, what to do???

Every time I use a tampon(it doesn't matter what size) they hurt when I pull them out and on occasion, put them in. Why do they hurt? I've been using them for eight years now, and they have always hurt, regardless of which absorbancy I use. Does it have to do with the fact I'm a virgin?
tiakitty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread August 4th, 2008, 11:47 PM   #2
snuggler
Love Machine

snuggler has a spectacular aura aboutsnuggler has a spectacular aura aboutsnuggler has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: Tampons hurt when I use them, what to do???

Have you tried all the different brands? I still find that some brands hurt, and I am not a virgin. But others work much better.
snuggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread August 5th, 2008, 12:37 AM   #3
Rammstein39
Part of a redneck agenda!

Rammstein39 is a splendid one to beholdRammstein39 is a splendid one to beholdRammstein39 is a splendid one to beholdRammstein39 is a splendid one to beholdRammstein39 is a splendid one to beholdRammstein39 is a splendid one to beholdRammstein39 is a splendid one to behold

It prolly has a lot to do with you being a virgin. I found, for myself, the plastic applicators are WAY better than cardboard. The cardboard doesnt glide in as easily and feels dry and rough. I became madly in love with those sport ones..... god I cant think of who makes them.... but they are in a pink and green box. Playtex maybe?

Anyway, they still occasionally hurt me also and Im not a virgin. Make sure you are putting them in at the right angle also, that helps a lot.
Rammstein39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread August 5th, 2008, 12:46 AM   #4
Zoso
Flirtatious

Zoso is on a distinguished road

You are probably a bit dry when they go in. And I know with me they dry me out when in, so it kinda hurts to pull them out. It's normal. *shrug*

But anyways, have you ever gotten a mirror positioned just right so you can see your vagina? Try it out. Maybe your hymen (if you still have one, since they don't have much to do with virginity anyway) doesn't have a big opening.
Zoso is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread August 5th, 2008, 08:39 AM   #5
kuju
well-traveled

kuju has a reputation beyond reputekuju has a reputation beyond reputekuju has a reputation beyond reputekuju has a reputation beyond reputekuju has a reputation beyond reputekuju has a reputation beyond reputekuju has a reputation beyond reputekuju has a reputation beyond reputekuju has a reputation beyond reputekuju has a reputation beyond reputekuju has a reputation beyond repute

Maybe I'm strange... but I simply don't use tampons. I've used pads since I was 12.

English. It's your language. Learn to type it.

kuju is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread August 5th, 2008, 10:48 AM   #6
Ms. Islip
St. Valentines

Ms. Islip is just really niceMs. Islip is just really niceMs. Islip is just really niceMs. Islip is just really nice

I do not use tampons for the simple fact that they do hurt going in or coming out and I am FAR from being a virgin so that is not the problem. The plastics applicators are way better and the way you are shaped may be part of it. I always had to point the applicator towards the middle of my back or else it did not work. I haven't read a package in a long time, but I think that is the general instructions on the package.
Ms. Islip is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread August 5th, 2008, 02:39 PM   #7
Aret
Casanova

Aret is a glorious beacon of lightAret is a glorious beacon of lightAret is a glorious beacon of lightAret is a glorious beacon of lightAret is a glorious beacon of lightAret is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rammstein39 View Post
I became madly in love with those sport ones..... god I cant think of who makes them.... but they are in a pink and green box. Playtex maybe?
Playtex Sport. I swear by them. They're tiny, but effective. The box is an eyesore though.

Anyways, be relaxed. Sit down if you have to. If you tense up, it hurts. And from experience, sometimes you tense up without even realizing that you have. You need to make a concentrated effort to relax all muscles down there.

Or, go back to pads. Unless you're like me, you don't have to use tampons, and they make pads pretty leak proof and comfortable these days.
Aret is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread August 5th, 2008, 04:00 PM   #8
Prism
drama, drama

Prism has a brilliant futurePrism has a brilliant futurePrism has a brilliant futurePrism has a brilliant futurePrism has a brilliant futurePrism has a brilliant futurePrism has a brilliant futurePrism has a brilliant futurePrism has a brilliant futurePrism has a brilliant futurePrism has a brilliant future

Playtex Sport ones are AWESOME! I love them.

As for a solution - have you tried the slimfit ones? Playtex makes them as well. I used to use those when I was younger, and I found they really helped.
"It's really not so good to have time. Rush, scramble, desperation, this missed, that left behind, those others too big to fit into such a small space-- that's the way life was meant to be. You're supposed to be too late for some things. Don't worry about it."
-The Skull, The Last Unicorn
Prism is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread August 5th, 2008, 10:17 PM   #9
gakusplat
Love Guru

gakusplat is on a distinguished road

my ex's were tiny too. I only remember they were called OB and I don't know where she got them.
gakusplat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread August 5th, 2008, 10:44 PM   #10
mtinlove
Flirtatious

mtinlove is on a distinguished road

They wont hurt because youre a virgin, but the dry issue is true. I have no problems using tampons but yea they can dry you out and sometimes even make it feel like youre swollen so its harder to get one back in. If youre flow isnt heavy enough you may just want to stick to pads.
Unread August 6th, 2008, 01:06 AM   #11
water nymph
Ink footed

water nymph has a reputation beyond reputewater nymph has a reputation beyond reputewater nymph has a reputation beyond reputewater nymph has a reputation beyond reputewater nymph has a reputation beyond reputewater nymph has a reputation beyond reputewater nymph has a reputation beyond reputewater nymph has a reputation beyond reputewater nymph has a reputation beyond reputewater nymph has a reputation beyond reputewater nymph has a reputation beyond repute

Have you considered a moon cup or something similar? They sidestep the drying issue and do not produce excessive waste. Of course, you have to be comfortable with your vagina and everything that comes out of it but other than that, pretty straight up.
Unread August 6th, 2008, 02:15 AM   #12
OvershareDude
Hates Workdays

OvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond repute

have more sex?

(that is such a guy response)

They're = They are (eg, They're not wearing any clothes!)
Their = Possessive (eg, Check out their boobies!)
There = locality (eg There is a naked chick in the water)
Your = Possessive (eg I can see your boobies through that wet t-shirt)
You're = You are (eg You're getting dressed? Damn...)
OvershareDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread August 6th, 2008, 03:39 AM   #13
kuju
well-traveled

kuju has a reputation beyond reputekuju has a reputation beyond reputekuju has a reputation beyond reputekuju has a reputation beyond reputekuju has a reputation beyond reputekuju has a reputation beyond reputekuju has a reputation beyond reputekuju has a reputation beyond reputekuju has a reputation beyond reputekuju has a reputation beyond reputekuju has a reputation beyond repute

yeah! that'll TOTALLY get rid of your periods! for about 9 months.

English. It's your language. Learn to type it.

kuju is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread September 2nd, 2008, 02:09 AM   #14
vesperpt
Flirtatious

vesperpt is on a distinguished road

I have tried to use tampons, and they really havent been all that comfortable for me either. At least it's a common thing.

But otherwise.. when Im dating someone it feels awkward to be using pads. For some reason I feel like Im supposed to only use tampons, and that pads are concieved as gross. I dont get it :S
vesperpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread September 2nd, 2008, 02:24 AM   #15
Levora14

Levora14 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuju View Post
Maybe I'm strange... but I simply don't use tampons. I've used pads since I was 12.
Hear, hear! I can't fathom the idea of walking around with something stuck up there. That's just not comfortable. I have used pads since I got my period at 10 years old and I will do so until I am 100, if I live that long. I do get made fun of though: "Pads? What are you, 14?"
Levora14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread September 2nd, 2008, 09:21 AM   #16
Jenibear
St. Valentines

Jenibear will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by gakusplat View Post
my ex's were tiny too. I only remember they were called OB and I don't know where she got them.

I LOVEEEEEEEEE OB!! Some comes with applicators and some without. I use the ones without. I would definetely talk to a doctor about it though.

Bailey: I have five rules. Memorize them. Rule number one, don't bother sucking up. I already hate you, that's not going to change.

(I love Grey's Anatomy.. Embrace it)
Jenibear is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread September 2nd, 2008, 11:03 AM   #17
ShortyJ
Flirtatious

ShortyJ is on a distinguished road

OB are good but they will suck all the water outta the pool if you jump in wearing one (j/k)
My favorite applicator is Kotex, the playtex ones i've had trouble with....but you know what I found out? I have really short hands, and when I used to wear tampons, that had an affect on how far I could push the suckers up there which had something to do how comfortable the applicators are. I finally figured out that after thinking I was bizarre for them being uncomfortable.
The virgin thing may or may not have anything to do with it, I say keep trying if you are determined to wear them, and try different brands until you get the one that's most comfortable for your body
ShortyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread September 5th, 2008, 11:30 PM   #18
Jaded Sapphire

Status: In a rocky relationship that I'm considering ending
Jaded Sapphire is on a distinguished road

You can always contact an OB-GYN
I have heard that if you have cramps that tampons can make them worse. I'm not sure if that has something to do with the OP's problem but can anyone verify that?

I'm thinking about making the switch but I have bad cramps that are just barely lessened by the birth control pills I'm currently on, so it would be nice to know.
Unread September 6th, 2008, 02:09 AM   #19
ShortyJ
Flirtatious

ShortyJ is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaded Sapphire View Post
I have heard that if you have cramps that tampons can make them worse. I'm not sure if that has something to do with the OP's problem but can anyone verify that?
Not to get too graphic here but, I think we all have different types of cramps. I personally have them more in my pelvic area than say stomach cramps. My type of cramps comes from the passing of the clots, if that's where you hurt the most, or you notice that on your heaviest days that's where the pain is, tampons may or may not affect that. If you cramp there though, my advice is to take baby aspirin, it helps make the clots smaller which means they don't hurt so much. If you have stomach or back cramps, tampons shouldn't affect them at all, for those, hot water bottle is a miracle.
ShortyJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread September 6th, 2008, 01:41 PM   #20
Jaded Sapphire

Status: In a rocky relationship that I'm considering ending
Jaded Sapphire is on a distinguished road

I have the same kind of cramps that you have. Thanks for the info, I appreciate it.