Members: 15,339
Threads: 37,882
Online: 56

Newest Member: FallenPhoenix

Go Back   The Relationship Forums > The Relationship > The Long Haul

Notices

The Long Haul Are you past the flirting and dating stage? Wondering if there's life after 6 months with the same person? If you're in a serious long term relationship, this is your one-stop shop for questions and answers.

Unread March 10th, 2008, 04:37 AM   #1
stardust

stardust is on a distinguished road
Mad Who is SICK of having a tight-ass boyfriend?

I am so sick to DEATH of how cheap my boyfriend is. Im sick of it! WHy cant he just act like a man, seriously???

I HATE when he promises that he is going to pay for certain things and then doesnt. Why say he's going to in the first place? Just to lap up my thanks and then end up not paying cause he's too damn cheap?

I HATE it. I do HEAPS for this guy - id like to be treated with some consideration in return. SUCH AN ASS.

stardust is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread March 10th, 2008, 08:26 AM   #2
Gezus
Some Weirdo

Gezus is a splendid one to beholdGezus is a splendid one to beholdGezus is a splendid one to beholdGezus is a splendid one to beholdGezus is a splendid one to beholdGezus is a splendid one to beholdGezus is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Who is SICK of having a tight-ass boyfriend?

This is the guy you're in a relationship with and you say is a great guy and love but at the same time you flirt with other guys in a way that is considered inappropriate?

Could you elaborate on the cheapness here please? It might explain why you feel the need for outer attention.
Gezus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread March 10th, 2008, 08:39 PM   #3
DevilDog
St. Valentines

DevilDog will become famous soon enough

I'm with Gezus. I think maybe your two posts should be one post so that we get a complete picture. If I'd have known this guy tricked you into picking up the tab it might have affected my response to your previous post. Maybe you don't want different men (plural). Maybe rather you just want a differnet man (singular) but don't want to be alone between men.
DevilDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread March 10th, 2008, 09:07 PM   #4
Harper
St. Valentines

Harper has a brilliant futureHarper has a brilliant futureHarper has a brilliant futureHarper has a brilliant futureHarper has a brilliant futureHarper has a brilliant futureHarper has a brilliant futureHarper has a brilliant futureHarper has a brilliant futureHarper has a brilliant futureHarper has a brilliant future

Jesus. Why would you be with anyone you spoke about like that? Seriously, it sounds like you truly despise him. But still, if I had to pick my poison, I'd choose a tight-ass girlfriend over a disloyal one any day. But that's a pretty glass house you're in.
Harper is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread March 10th, 2008, 10:48 PM   #5
blade88
Love Guru

blade88 will become famous soon enoughblade88 will become famous soon enough

i'd like to ask you two things, and no these are not meant to anger you. I merely want to see to what kind of mindset I should be talking to.
First: How old are you. Talking to a person who is 15, 18 or 21 all have very different meanings to the actual person.
Second: When he got you angry, is this the first place (relative) you went to vent? Every relationship has issues and a part of dealing with the problem is in the way you deal with it. Outwardly expelling this anger is not good...it's not constructive and only sends negative messages to those who you reach out to. It is very destructive for you and for the relationship to lash out like this because a. it will come back to him in some way eventually (him being any man at any time of your life), and b. solving this in a constructive way such as having a good old chat with him or running your ass off is a better way to deal with it in the long run. But doing things like this destroys trust for me, and is incedentally one of my worst pet peeves
blade88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread March 11th, 2008, 08:12 PM   #6
STEFANI POE

STEFANI POE is on a distinguished road

I hate Valentine's Day. You know why? Because of situations like this. Nearly every relationship I know of and am around for is either made or broken by Valentine's Day with all the expectations. Girls would dump their boyfriends and call them asses for not taking them to a Japanese steak house and not buying them jewelry on a holiday that may as well have been invented to tear people apart and start fights. I, personally was thrilled when my boyfriend took me to Waffle House on Valentine's Day. He had worked all day, I was ecstatic to see him finally, and it was one of the only places open late where we could just drink coffee and talk all night about his day and us. I didn't really obsess over the roses and chocolate cherries he gave me. I appreciated it. It was sweet. But the stuff is mass produced. I could careless. I just wanted time with him. When his cable gets shut off, the first thing I am thinking is how to help him realize how he didn't have the money to pay for it and how much I have to help him out with it.

But if you're calling the guy a cheap ass boyfriend because he doesn't take you on the same kind of dates you see other guys take their girls on or didn't get you a Gucci bag that you couldn't afford because you are having to pay bills.. No need to call him an ass. If he isn't living up to your expectations, don't continue to be in a relationship with him. If you are seeking other male attention, this guy is clearly not giving you what you want. So, why are you staying with someone you refer to as a cheap ass and admit that you aren't happy? Well, nevertheless, the best of luck! I hope I didn't come across as harsh or judgmental. I think everyone who read was just as confused as I was. My apologies ahead of time!
STEFANI POE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread March 12th, 2008, 09:45 AM   #7
AllHailTheThief
St. Valentines

AllHailTheThief will become famous soon enough

Soooo...you're a money-hungry clown? Or is your boyfriend a bum?

There's not many ways to interpret the original post, but all interpretations lead to one simple answer: Break up time!

Now, I've known girls who couldn't stand the fact that their b/f didn't make $70k and didn't blow $200 every time they left the house, and you sound very suspiciously like such a girl.

In that case I suggest you re-examine your priorities and hopefully CHANGE said priorities. If that can't be done, go get some plastic surgery, and latch onto some rich guy who will undoubtedly treat you like shit and cheat on you.
Unread March 13th, 2008, 06:54 PM   #8
Brad
Love Guru

Brad is an unknown quantity at this point

Its amazing how women claim they believe in equality then bash a man for not "picking up the tab".
Brad is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread March 14th, 2008, 12:00 AM   #9
water nymph
Ink footed

water nymph has a reputation beyond reputewater nymph has a reputation beyond reputewater nymph has a reputation beyond reputewater nymph has a reputation beyond reputewater nymph has a reputation beyond reputewater nymph has a reputation beyond reputewater nymph has a reputation beyond reputewater nymph has a reputation beyond reputewater nymph has a reputation beyond reputewater nymph has a reputation beyond reputewater nymph has a reputation beyond repute

Brad, that is completely irrelevant. There is no need to bring up personal opinions on feminism.

I agree with Gezus, can we have a little more information on cheapness. Or is this just a rant that was spurred on by a single incident? Because that is what I am guessing.
Unread March 14th, 2008, 12:25 AM   #10
DevilDog
St. Valentines

DevilDog will become famous soon enough

She's got another post where she talks about not getting enough sex. I think we need to see the two posts merged together with whatever else is missing so that we can get the full picture. Clearly there is more to this than we've been told!!
DevilDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread March 14th, 2008, 12:37 AM   #11
blade88
Love Guru

blade88 will become famous soon enoughblade88 will become famous soon enough

There's nothing more we can do unless stardust tells us, so leave this thread be until she comes back imo
blade88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread March 14th, 2008, 12:39 AM   #12
automorphism
Cupid

automorphism has a reputation beyond reputeautomorphism has a reputation beyond reputeautomorphism has a reputation beyond reputeautomorphism has a reputation beyond reputeautomorphism has a reputation beyond reputeautomorphism has a reputation beyond reputeautomorphism has a reputation beyond reputeautomorphism has a reputation beyond reputeautomorphism has a reputation beyond reputeautomorphism has a reputation beyond reputeautomorphism has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilDog View Post
Clearly there is more to this than we've been told!!
Isn't there always?
Unread March 27th, 2008, 10:09 AM   #13
gsx800ho

gsx800ho is on a distinguished road

I have an ex-wife who never paid for anything... and stole money, and lied, and forged checks... RUN AWAY now while you have a chance... Laziness is forever...
gsx800ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread March 29th, 2008, 05:32 PM   #14
dazedNconfused

dazedNconfused is on a distinguished road

Hey at least it's not as bad as not ever doing anything.

I haven't gone on a date in four months with my boyfriend.
Oh and he also makes comments about how he makes so much more money than me, but never wants to pay.
dazedNconfused is offline   Reply With Quote