Members: 15,388
Threads: 38,207
Online: 42

Newest Member: oldboyzcryin

Go Back   The Relationship Forums > The Relationship > The Long Haul

Notices

The Long Haul Are you past the flirting and dating stage? Wondering if there's life after 6 months with the same person? If you're in a serious long term relationship, this is your one-stop shop for questions and answers.

Unread November 10th, 2007, 01:46 AM   #1
Cannon

Cannon is on a distinguished road
Default How Do You Know if a Woman is Taking a Serious Relationship...Seriously?

I am 20 and in college. Me and this girl (who is 21) have been seeing each other for about a month now and I'm already getting the impression that the relationship is getting too distant. When we first got together, we were talking long term and she said she wanted a serious relationship because she hadn't been in one in a long time and she was tired of just having sex without the emotional support (to make a long story short).

It started changing when I got upset that she went out with another guy to a resturant alone. There was this small debate we got into, but that's over now. I eventually apologized because I felt like I was becoming too controlling...and then others began to tell me that that's not such a big deal. I haven't seen her physically in a week because she's been staying at her girlfriend's apartment and hasn't been sleeping on campus (I'm a commuter). And it's like every time I have some free time on campus and want to meet with her she says she's sorry she's about to go do something with this (girl)friend of hers.

I admit, I can't tell how seriously she's taking the relationship. This could all be about nothing though.

EDIT:I have to add that I'm slighty wondering about whether or not she's seeing someone else. Not because of the dinner...that's irrelevant now. But she's recently told me that she wants to stop having sex for now because she did it so much during the summer and last year that she needs a break (and it's not like we were a couple of jack rabbits before since we only had sex twice). So I'm wondering does she want to stop having sex because she's doing it with someone else? Or is this sincere? I know for a fact that there are a number of guys that come in and out of her "girlfriends" apartment. I also know one of the guys in her circle of new friends this semester...he used to be my roommate for a semester when I was a freshman. He's very open about the fact that he doesn't care about persuing women that are in relationships (and I'm sure I'm no exception)...and he's one of the one's that's always at the apartment (and sleeps over sometimes like my girl does). I also saw a picture of them two on Facebook where she's bending over directly in front of him on Halloween.

Am I just being paranoid? Or are there real concerns? Like I said, we haven't seen each other in a week, but have talked and texted a few times.
Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread November 10th, 2007, 12:20 PM   #2
somedude08
Flirtatious

somedude08 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: How Do You Know if a Woman is Taking a Serious Relationship...Seriously?

I'd be real concerned. It seems that she's not that into you anymore. You need to have a serious talk with her about where this relationship is going. If it's not immediately back on track, you need to break things off.
somedude08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread November 10th, 2007, 02:31 PM   #3
Cannon

Cannon is on a distinguished road
Default Re: How Do You Know if a Woman is Taking a Serious Relationship...Seriously?

Quote:
Originally Posted by somedude08
I'd be real concerned. It seems that she's not that into you anymore. You need to have a serious talk with her about where this relationship is going. If it's not immediately back on track, you need to break things off.
That's what I'm thinking. I just want to know what I did wrong. A relationship that barely lasts a month either wasn't serious to begin with...or she's cheating because she found someone else.
Cannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread November 10th, 2007, 04:52 PM   #4
PhoenixDown
St. Valentines

PhoenixDown is just really nicePhoenixDown is just really nicePhoenixDown is just really nicePhoenixDown is just really nice

It doesnt sound like you had a serious relationship with her. She dated you and now she is not from the sound of it.
PhoenixDown is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread November 10th, 2007, 07:21 PM   #5
gsx800ho

gsx800ho is on a distinguished road

The old saying goes..."she's gettin' it somewhere"
gsx800ho is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread November 11th, 2007, 01:50 AM   #6
AllHailTheThief
St. Valentines

AllHailTheThief will become famous soon enough

^^^

ahaha. That was funny.

Yea man, if you're 20, you should sort of be able to get this by now. She was probably just feeding you a line of bull crap. Maybe you creeped her out, who knows, but you should take the hint.