Members: 15,313
Threads: 38,040
Online: 47

Newest Member: j32

Go Back   The Relationship Forums > The Relationship > Friends & Family

Notices

Friends & Family A forum for the non-romantic relationships in all our lives - the ones with our friends and family.

Unread February 23rd, 2012, 01:14 PM   #1
avi.esme

avi.esme is on a distinguished road
Mad ..My sister...

Since things aren't going so well between my bf and I - I am considering moving to where my mom lives, if I can't find a place there then I head back to New England and start fresh there.

My mom wants me to try Colorado so bad so I can see what opportunities are there for me but I can't help but decline every offer she throws at me simply because I don't want to deal with my older sister whose been very rude, disrespectful and goes out of her way to be mean to my mom bc of me (we're half sisters but it's sibling rivalry at its finest)

I realized now that when I am far away from my mom she stays away and when I am visiting my mom she starts crap with her.

My mom realizes her dislike and jealousy for me and she can't do much bc after all she has to be neutral between us both.

I have cut my sister out of my life along with her two daughters, sad to say but they are nothing to me and don't truly consider them "family"

Has anyone ever dealt with an issue like this? Your far away and your folks aren't being bugged by a sibling then when you come around that sibling makes life a living hell for your folks?
avi.esme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread February 23rd, 2012, 01:20 PM   #2
phasesofthemoon
I'm not a moderator yet?

Status: Happily connected for many years ! Oh, and glad I'm not a Moderator :D
phasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: ..My sister...

Quote:
My mom wants me to try Colorado so bad so I can see what opportunities are there for me but I can't help but decline every offer she throws at me simply because I don't want to deal with my older sister whose been very rude, disrespectful and goes out of her way to be mean to my mom bc of me (we're half sisters but it's sibling rivalry at its finest)
You know whats freaking funny about that statement, Avi? You accept that same treatment from your boyfriend and you're afraid to leave him but you'll turn down a loving offer from your mother to come home because you have some sister rivalry.

You need to get your priorities straight.

Go home and start fresh. Get away from the bastard you THINK you love and do your best to learn how to save money to buy your own place and learn to love YOU. The rest will follow.
"First off, welcome to the Relationship Forums, You'll come to understand that I don't pull any punches when giving my opinion/advice and I hope you're not so sensitive to what I see as the truth of the matter." Me!
phasesofthemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread February 23rd, 2012, 07:33 PM   #3
Dasmi
St. Valentines

Dasmi has a reputation beyond reputeDasmi has a reputation beyond reputeDasmi has a reputation beyond reputeDasmi has a reputation beyond reputeDasmi has a reputation beyond reputeDasmi has a reputation beyond reputeDasmi has a reputation beyond reputeDasmi has a reputation beyond reputeDasmi has a reputation beyond reputeDasmi has a reputation beyond reputeDasmi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi.esme View Post

My mom realizes her dislike and jealousy for me and she can't do much bc after all she has to be neutral between us both.
I don't understand why your Mom has to be neutral if your sister is being a bitch with her. If a kid of mine started mouthing off or doing whatever it is that your sister is doing, I'd be damned if I'd be neutral...

Hier kommt die Sonne
Dasmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread March 15th, 2012, 06:52 AM   #4
koolasma

koolasma is on a distinguished road

awww
thats so akward huhh...
why its so happening :s ...

I Love Her .. and thats the Beginning and End of Every Thing!
koolasma is offline   Reply With Quote