Members: 15,197
Threads: 37,735
Online: 39

Newest Member: ronaldlampley

Go Back   The Relationship Forums > The Relationship > The Chase

Notices

The Chase Places, People, Roses... everything involved in the dating game, as well as including that First Kiss and more! New home of FLIRTATION LOCATION and THE GAME

Unread February 23rd, 2012, 02:49 PM   #1
Sociopath
Banned

Sociopath is infamous around these partsSociopath is infamous around these parts
Default To the women on this forum: Why do you hate "players" (i.e. promiscuous men)?

To have a meaningful discussion about this, it's going to be important to establish a common definition for the word player.

Let's say that a player is simply a man who doesn't mind, and in fact prefers, to have sex with multiple women. One right after the next, or simultaneously with more than one. Notice I'm not including anything to the tone of being manipulative, deceitful, or flat-out lying.

That said, women should be OK with promiscuous men, right? I mean, if he's honest about it from day one, and she voluntarily accepts, she has no right to complain from that day on out, right?

If only it were so simple. Earlier today, I was bored. Curious, I looked up "My boyfriend is best friends with his ex" on Google. Looking through the first couple of pages, I've noticed a common stream of complaints.

- I don't want him to sleep with other women behind my back. What if he's stone-cold honest with you about it?

- I don't want to be used for sex. What if he gives you several wild orgasms, to himself have only one? Who's using whom, ah, ah?

- I love sex, true... but, still, I prefer to have it with a guy who loves me and cares for me. So... are you saying that his appetite for sexual encounters with other women makes him a monster incapable of loving you? Men who love sex are incapable of love--whaaaaat? What about his close friends, what about his mommy? Does he not love his close friends and his mommy?

That's just to kick-start things. Anyway, to the women here, what is it about promiscuous men that you think you don't like. (After all, if promiscuous men were hated enough by all women, then just with whom would those men exercise their promiscuity? Gotcha.)
Sociopath is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread February 23rd, 2012, 04:48 PM   #2
Panda
Part Time Philosopher

Status: Wondering how it could possibly get better than this
Panda has a reputation beyond reputePanda has a reputation beyond reputePanda has a reputation beyond reputePanda has a reputation beyond reputePanda has a reputation beyond reputePanda has a reputation beyond reputePanda has a reputation beyond reputePanda has a reputation beyond reputePanda has a reputation beyond reputePanda has a reputation beyond reputePanda has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: To the women on this forum: Why do you hate "players" (i.e. promiscuous men)?

Upon your definition of a player, I have no issues. I just won't date him. Not my type, but no reason to hate him.

Anyway, the main issue that I ever have is someone lying about their intent. Most "players" are called thus not because they like to play with loads of women honestly, but because the person on the other end is "played the fool" - told, "You're the only one for me, you make me feel great! Couldn't have anyone else" - and then the actions don't match the words. So your definition, while very generous, is not what most women think of when they think of players. Probably why you do see many women saying, "Ah, players suck" etc.

So, like I said, upon your definition, sure, no problem, he can do what he wants, and the women who want him can have him. I don't have any reason to hate a guy like that.
Panda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread February 23rd, 2012, 05:04 PM   #3
Sociopath
Banned

Sociopath is infamous around these partsSociopath is infamous around these parts
Default Re: To the women on this forum: Why do you hate "players" (i.e. promiscuous men)?

Panda, then answer this one for me:

What is it, exactly, about a non-monogamous male that you, in particular, find unattractive ("not your type")? This might sound like a silly question at first, but I'm interested in seeing your explanation for this.

"Why don't you stick your hand on a sharp nail?"

"Because it hurts!" may be an honest answer, but it's not nearly as impressive as "Because the sharp nail's tip will pierce through my layers of skin, triggering the pain receptors to send electric signals into my brain. These signals will, ultimately be perceived as a highly unpleasant sensation. The purpose of this mechanism is to discourage injury to my skin. Injured skin provides an unfavorable opening for microorganisms to invade through, and potentially disrupt or destroy the vital organs of my body."

See where I'm going with this?
Unread February 23rd, 2012, 05:47 PM   #4
Panda
Part Time Philosopher

Panda has a reputation beyond reputePanda has a reputation beyond reputePanda has a reputation beyond reputePanda has a reputation beyond reputePanda has a reputation beyond reputePanda has a reputation beyond reputePanda has a reputation beyond reputePanda has a reputation beyond reputePanda has a reputation beyond reputePanda has a reputation beyond reputePanda has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sociopath View Post
Panda, then answer this one for me:

What is it, exactly, about a non-monogamous male that you, in particular, find unattractive ("not your type")? This might sound like a silly question at first, but I'm interested in seeing your explanation for this.

"Why don't you stick your hand on a sharp nail?"

"Because it hurts!" may be an honest answer, but it's not nearly as impressive as "Because the sharp nail's tip will pierce through my layers of skin, triggering the pain receptors to send electric signals into my brain. These signals will, ultimately be perceived as a highly unpleasant sensation. The purpose of this mechanism is to discourage injury to my skin. Injured skin provides an unfavorable opening for microorganisms to invade through, and potentially disrupt or destroy the vital organs of my body."

See where I'm going with this?
I could give you loads of different reasons ranging from "it's not a woman's biological imperative" to "I enjoy a drama-less life, and want to keep it that way." Invariably, the more people you let "in," complicated you make any relationship. IMO.

I like involved relationships. I like getting to know someone in depth and experiencing something honest, solid, and fun while it lasts. I enjoy building something. If I am spending the time building something and opening up my trust etc, I would expect that he is on the same page, or wants to be. People who aren't on the same page don't end up in relationships. At least, not in a productive way for long. If I am expending the energy, someone who is busy expending energy on other people instead (honest or not) is not someone that I could have a long term arrangement with, I believe, because we don't place importance on the same things.

However, just because I wouldn't like it myself doesn't mean I can't handle other people doing it. The fine print there is that it doesn't matter whether a boyfriend/partner of mine was at one point a bit of a slut, or whatever. Honesty is the big thing. I want to be told the truth. A lot of promiscuous females and males tend not to be honest about this to their "partners"- causing drama- causing problems, not worth it for me. (Not discussing open relationships here where people are happily honest and have made a deal they stick to. Though this doesn't strike my fancy either.)

There are more reasons, but I'll leave it at that for now.
Unread February 23rd, 2012, 05:54 PM   #5
Sociopath
Banned

Panda, how would you feel about being in a long-term relationship with a man who's gone four days a week on business, but then spends the full Friday, Saturday, and Sunday with you?

What about a man who's out at sea a month or two at a time, regularly, to pay the bills?

How would you feel about the businessman if he could see you only on Saturdays and Sundays, with the occasional surprise visit during the week? Would your answer change if I told you he makes 3 million dollars a month? Be honest.
Unread February 23rd, 2012, 07:15 PM   #6
Panda
Part Time Philosopher

Quote:
Panda, how would you feel about being in a long-term relationship with a man who's gone four days a week on business, but then spends the full Friday, Saturday, and Sunday with you?

What about a man who's out at sea a month or two at a time, regularly, to pay the bills?

How would you feel about the businessman if he could see you only on Saturdays and Sundays, with the occasional surprise visit during the week? Would your answer change if I told you he makes 3 million dollars a month? Be honest.
Not sure where you're going with this, but I'll bite.

I don't know if I can build a relationship with someone like that, hence the reason I've never wanted to date businessmen, sailors, or multi-millionaires. There is seriously no appeal to me. I don't want my man around CONSTANTLY, I want my own life, and I want him to have his. But for me, I would prefer someone who is consistent to someone who has to have an erratic life. It's just not the kind of thing I would like.

For the record, I know many men that follow your descriptions to the T, my Dad being one of them. In general, these are not happy men, according to my experience. Not sure why they bother getting or having a wife at all, really, lol. I do not find their lives attractive, nor the lives of their spouses. There is no price on being happy in the relationship you choose to have. If your happiness can work with someone like that, that's awesome. It's just not for me.
Unread February 24th, 2012, 07:58 AM   #7
Sociopath
Banned

If what you say is true and indeed an accurate self-assessment (I'm not convinced), then you are one unusual female.
Unread February 24th, 2012, 10:32 AM   #8
Kuky
Administrator

Kuky has a reputation beyond reputeKuky has a reputation beyond reputeKuky has a reputation beyond reputeKuky has a reputation beyond reputeKuky has a reputation beyond reputeKuky has a reputation beyond reputeKuky has a reputation beyond reputeKuky has a reputation beyond reputeKuky has a reputation beyond reputeKuky has a reputation beyond reputeKuky has a reputation beyond repute

Pretty much any woman that says to another woman, "careful, I think he might be a player" is referring to the misleading, deceitful type, and not what you describe. If he's really being honest, she shouldn't need to be careful. Well, I guess that's not always true. A lot of women who specifically want something monogamous but are really attracted to an honest player will lie to themselves and try to change the guy, and when they realize they can't, they're the ones that get hurt. But that's no fault of the honest player's. I don't like the word "player" though, because I think it does carry the negative connotations.

Also, I'm not a big fan of the evolutionary model of mate attraction. I mean, it's great to a certain extent, but since we've evolved the ability to go meta, and think about things abstractly, we've kind of veered away from that model, and "survival + replication" isn't all that drives us. Or at least, it drives us in a really complicated manner that is counter to what directly going for it would entail.

But to answer your question, I think it really is just that the word "player" does not usually mean what you describe as a player (basically an honest guy who loves women, and doesn't hide it).
Unread February 24th, 2012, 10:44 AM   #9
phasesofthemoon
I'm not a moderator yet?

Status: Happily connected for many years ! Oh, and glad I'm not a Moderator :D
phasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond repute

^^^ yea, what Kuky said.

If he's honest and she accepts then she's of the same mindset (or as Kuky says, she's not but thinks she can garner a relationship with her golden vagina)

Anyway, It seems there are more and more woman players amongst us now. Just take a look at all the men who come here and wonder what just happened to them.
"First off, welcome to the Relationship Forums, You'll come to understand that I don't pull any punches when giving my opinion/advice and I hope you're not so sensitive to what I see as the truth of the matter." Me!
phasesofthemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread February 24th, 2012, 10:47 AM   #10
Ben91
Casanova

Ben91 is a name known to allBen91 is a name known to allBen91 is a name known to allBen91 is a name known to allBen91 is a name known to allBen91 is a name known to all

lol when i seen the thread title i was like yeah that's one of Sociopaths

We talked about getting married though, and already had names for our child. Our case is different because we loved each other. Blablabla
Ben91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread February 24th, 2012, 10:50 AM   #11
Galapagos
Flirtatious

Galapagos is an unknown quantity at this point

I wouldn't want to date an "honest" player.

Why?

Because I'm number 1. I refuse to share.
Galapagos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread February 24th, 2012, 11:03 AM   #12
phasesofthemoon
I'm not a moderator yet?

phasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond repute

Yea.. ya sure can't feel "special" when you're one of many.. Maybe during the height of your sexual throws but after that you're just another number. Hopefully, women who accept being one of many and have many are just as indifferent to wanting to be "special" as the guy they're doing is.

As usual, it's all about compatibility.
"First off, welcome to the Relationship Forums, You'll come to understand that I don't pull any punches when giving my opinion/advice and I hope you're not so sensitive to what I see as the truth of the matter." Me!
Unread February 24th, 2012, 01:04 PM   #13
Sociopath
Banned

My assertions will not be popular amongst those who believe our origins to be otherworldly. They won't sit well with people who believe in soul mates, especially the ones who believes there's one specific soul mate "waiting" for them "somewhere out there."

My assertions may be outright repulsive to those who think that everyone is equally entitled to receive love and affection from somebody else. If you honestly believe that the fat, lazy slob with a bland face deserves the same kind of love and respect from men as does the disciplined, well-toned bikini model, because, she too "has feelings," you and I think in grossly incompatible terms.

More importantly, if you believe that everyone has an equal chance at attracting a mate of their own choice, there's a gross incompatibility between your opinion of how the universe works, and the way in which it actually does--impartially and mercilessly.

Basically, if he dumps you for a skinny bitch, he's not necessarily incapable of love--maybe he's exercising his right to love somebody who's fun, interesting, AND hot. And if she dumps your ass for a taller, richer guy, she's not necessarily incapable of love--maybe she's just exercising her right to love and suck the cock of someone who's fun, interesting, AND hot.

That said...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuky View Post
Pretty much any woman that says to another woman, "careful, I think he might be a player" is referring to the misleading, deceitful type, and not what you describe. If he's really being honest, she shouldn't need to be careful. Well, I guess that's not always true. A lot of women who specifically want something monogamous but are really attracted to an honest player will lie to themselves and try to change the guy, and when they realize they can't, they're the ones that get hurt. But that's no fault of the honest player's. I don't like the word "player" though, because I think it does carry the negative connotations.
I saw this come up over and over again. What caught my attention was the degree of bitterness with which these women spoke of men who were, surprise, surprise, interested in sex with other women.

It had the familiar stench of frustrated men complaining about attractive women being "teases," to then call them stupid whores for getting into relationships with "controlling, abusive men."

Here's one thing I'm convinced of: People who respond to the non-monogamous tendencies of the opposite sex, in rather emotionally turbulent ways, are simply covering up their fits of envy and self-entitlement, completely dismissing their own obligation to make themselves attractive to those they want to attract.

Bitch A gets dumped. Bitch A cries, gets mad, and recovers. Bitch A notices that bitches who go to the gym and buy sexy lingerie rarely, if ever, get dumped. Bitch A enrolls and shops for lingerie. Bitch A gets hit on by many sexy assholes. She finds a sexy asshole she particularly likes. They live happily ever after. Bravo.

Bitch B gets dumped. Bitch B cries, gets mad, and recovers. Bitch B notices that bitches who go to the gym and buy sexy lingerie rarely, if ever, get dumped. Bitch B protests, "I'm not about to be no man's sex object! Naw hell no! I'm a beautiful woman where it counts, on the inside." Bitch B finds a decent, predictable, and faithful gentleman. Bitch B gives herself more orgasms reading Fabio novels than her good husband gives her. Bitch B nags her submissive husband to death. Bitch B dies with 7 cats in her apartment. Hahaha! Feminist!

Dumbass A gets dumped. Dumbass A cries, gets mad, and recovers. Dumbass A notices that dumbasses who pick a few important goals in life, and let nobody, especially no bitches, to get in the way, rarely---wait, never---get dumped. Dumbass A cleans his act up, gets his shit together, and works on becoming a better person, focusing on finding happiness far outside of any vagina. Dumbass A meets Bitch A and all her friends. (Saxophone music here). Mostly everyone is mostly happy.

Dumbass B gets dumped. Dumbass B cries, gets mad, and recovers. Dumbass B notices that dumbasses who pick a few important goals in life, and let nobody, especially no bitches, to get in the way, rarely---wait, never---get dumped. Dumbass B refuses, "I want to be loved for who I am. All I want is that one special girl. I don't see the point in changing who I am just to be with a woman who can't appreciate me for who I really am, deep down inside." Dumbass B finds Bitch B. He really likes her. She finds his attentiveness very soothing to her bruised ego. Soon after the honeymoon, she has regular headaches at night which prevent her from responding in kind to Dumbass B's advances. A decade later, Bitch B nags her submissive Dumbass B husband to death. Bitch B uses Dumbass B's money to travel through Europe. Dough runs out, she returns to America, and buys 7 cats. The End.

Sound familiar?

Quote:
Also, I'm not a big fan of the evolutionary model of mate attraction. I mean, it's great to a certain extent, but since we've evolved the ability to go meta, and think about things abstractly, we've kind of veered away from that model, and "survival + replication" isn't all that drives us. Or at least, it drives us in a really complicated manner that is counter to what directly going for it would entail.
We can't prepare to fight the demons if we don't believe the demons are coming.

Viruses are, in my opinion, one hell of an elegant example of what it means to have no purpose other than to reproduce. Their first, last, and only action is to initiate reproduction. They don't even consume nutrients. They just sit dormant, doing NOTHING, until it's time to hijack a cell for reproduction.

Beautiful.

Beautiful maybe, but certainly not the only way to reproduce.

If you ask me, we've evolved our collective ego at a pace far more rapid than we did the many humane characteristics we deem make us special, different from the "lesser" animal.

Look around you. You don't even have to squint much. Every action can, often by a very intricate process of backtracking, be linked to what finally breaks down into the very basic drives to survive or reproduce.

Quote:
But to answer your question, I think it really is just that the word "player" does not usually mean what you describe as a player (basically an honest guy who loves women, and doesn't hide it).
I guess I should have used a glorified variant of the word (e.g. Adonis, Lothario, Casanova).

Quote:
Originally Posted by phasesofthemoon View Post
^^^ yea, what Kuky said.

If he's honest and she accepts then she's of the same mindset (or as Kuky says, she's not but thinks she can garner a relationship with her golden vagina)

Anyway, It seems there are more and more woman players amongst us now. Just take a look at all the men who come here and wonder what just happened to them.
You're really set on equality, aren't you? Not every woman who accepts non-monogamous tendencies in her partner does so with the intention of venturing out herself. In fact, I've seen quite the opposite.

To your second point: The men who come here and complain about "what just happened to them" didn't get played--they played themselves. It's like the 80-year-old who's stumped to find out that his 20-year-old girlfriend wants to be included in his will.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galapagos View Post
I wouldn't want to date an "honest" player.

Why?

Because I'm number 1. I refuse to share.

Describe your ideal man. Perfect, right? Except, why would a man, knowing how perfectly desirable he is, voluntarily perform upon himself a partial castration?

Or, wait, do you think there are actually husbands out there who don't fantasize about having multiple mistresses? lol... He's lying to you and you're buying into it. But he won't risk losing the pussy he already has for what will probably be a botched attempt at getting other pussies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by phasesofthemoon View Post
Yea.. ya sure can't feel "special" when you're one of many.. Maybe during the height of your sexual throws but after that you're just another number. Hopefully, women who accept being one of many and have many are just as indifferent to wanting to be "special" as the guy they're doing is.

As usual, it's all about compatibility.
How can children feel special if they're one of many? How can friends feel special if they're one of many?

For someone who screams "co-dependance, not love" so often, you seem like someone who's actually greedy. But, do as I say, not as I do, right?
Unread February 24th, 2012, 01:15 PM   #14
phasesofthemoon
I'm not a moderator yet?

Quote:
My assertions will not be popular amongst those who believe our origins to be otherworldly. They won't sit well with people who believe in soul mates, especially the ones who believes there's one specific soul mate "waiting" for them "somewhere out there."

My assertions may be outright repulsive to those who think that everyone is equally entitled to receive love and affection from somebody else. If you honestly believe that the fat, lazy slob with a bland face deserves the same kind of love and respect from men as does the disciplined, well-toned bikini model, because, she too "has feelings," you and I think in grossly incompatible terms.

More importantly, if you believe that everyone has an equal chance at attracting a mate of their own choice, there's a gross incompatibility between your opinion of how the universe works, and the way in which it actually does--impartially and mercilessly.

Basically, if he dumps you for a skinny bitch, he's not necessarily incapable of love--maybe he's exercising his right to love somebody who's fun, interesting, AND hot. And if she dumps your ass for a taller, richer guy, she's not necessarily incapable of love--maybe she's just exercising her right to love and suck the cock of someone who's fun, interesting, AND hot.

That said...

I saw this come up over and over again. What caught my attention was the degree of bitterness with which these women spoke of men who were, surprise, surprise, interested in sex with other women.

It had the familiar stench of frustrated men complaining about attractive women being "teases," to then call them stupid whores for getting into relationships with "controlling, abusive men."

Here's one thing I'm convinced of: People who respond to the non-monogamous tendencies of the opposite sex, in rather emotionally turbulent ways, are simply covering up their fits of envy and self-entitlement, completely dismissing their own obligation to make themselves attractive to those they want to attract.

Bitch A gets dumped. Bitch A cries, gets mad, and recovers. Bitch A notices that bitches who go to the gym and buy sexy lingerie rarely, if ever, get dumped. Bitch A enrolls and shops for lingerie. Bitch A gets hit on by many sexy assholes. She finds a sexy asshole she particularly likes. They live happily ever after. Bravo.

Bitch B gets dumped. Bitch B cries, gets mad, and recovers. Bitch B notices that bitches who go to the gym and buy sexy lingerie rarely, if ever, get dumped. Bitch B protests, "I'm not about to be no man's sex object! Naw hell no! I'm a beautiful woman where it counts, on the inside." Bitch B finds a decent, predictable, and faithful gentleman. Bitch B gives herself more orgasms reading Fabio novels than her good husband gives her. Bitch B nags her submissive husband to death. Bitch B dies with 7 cats in her apartment. Hahaha! Feminist!

Dumbass A gets dumped. Dumbass A cries, gets mad, and recovers. Dumbass A notices that dumbasses who pick a few important goals in life, and let nobody, especially no bitches, to get in the way, rarely---wait, never---get dumped. Dumbass A cleans his act up, gets his shit together, and works on becoming a better person, focusing on finding happiness far outside of any vagina. Dumbass A meets Bitch A and all her friends. (Saxophone music here). Mostly everyone is mostly happy.

Dumbass B gets dumped. Dumbass B cries, gets mad, and recovers. Dumbass B notices that dumbasses who pick a few important goals in life, and let nobody, especially no bitches, to get in the way, rarely---wait, never---get dumped. Dumbass B refuses, "I want to be loved for who I am. All I want is that one special girl. I don't see the point in changing who I am just to be with a woman who can't appreciate me for who I really am, deep down inside." Dumbass B finds Bitch B. He really likes her. She finds his attentiveness very soothing to her bruised ego. Soon after the honeymoon, she has regular headaches at night which prevent her from responding in kind to Dumbass B's advances. A decade later, Bitch B nags her submissive Dumbass B husband to death. Bitch B uses Dumbass B's money to travel through Europe. Dough runs out, she returns to America, and buys 7 cats. The End.

Sound familiar?

We can't prepare to fight the demons if we don't believe the demons are coming.

Viruses are, in my opinion, one hell of an elegant example of what it means to have no purpose other than to reproduce. Their first, last, and only action is to initiate reproduction. They don't even consume nutrients. They just sit dormant, doing NOTHING, until it's time to hijack a cell for reproduction.

Beautiful.

Beautiful maybe, but certainly not the only way to reproduce.

If you ask me, we've evolved our collective ego at a pace far more rapid than we did the many humane characteristics we deem make us special, different from the "lesser" animal.

Look around you. You don't even have to squint much. Every action can, often by a very intricate process of backtracking, be linked to what finally breaks down into the very basic drives to survive or reproduce.

I guess I should have used a glorified variant of the word (e.g. Adonis, Lothario, Casanova).

You're really set on equality, aren't you? Not every woman who accepts non-monogamous tendencies in her partner does so with the intention of venturing out herself. In fact, I've seen quite the opposite.

To your second point: The men who come here and complain about "what just happened to them" didn't get played--they played themselves. It's like the 80-year-old who's stumped to find out that his 20-year-old girlfriend wants to be included in his will.

Describe your ideal man. Perfect, right? Except, why would a man, knowing how perfectly desirable he is, voluntarily perform upon himself a partial castration?

Or, wait, do you think there are actually husbands out there who don't fantasize about having multiple mistresses? lol... He's lying to you and you're buying into it. But he won't risk losing the pussy he already has for what will probably be a botched attempt at getting other pussies.

How can children feel special if they're one of many? How can friends feel special if they're one of many?

For someone who screams "co-dependance, not love" so often, you seem like someone who's actually greedy. But, do as I say, not as I do, right?
WTF are you talking about? What you reply with has little to do with what was said.

I suggest you go argue with yourself. I suspect that's what you often do with the voices in your own head anyway.
Unread February 24th, 2012, 01:16 PM   #15
Sociopath
Banned

Ah-hah! Too close to home? How many cats will you have?

Last edited by Sociopath; February 24th, 2012 at 06:25 PM..
Unread February 24th, 2012, 08:01 PM   #16
Panda
Part Time Philosopher

Quote:
If what you say is true and indeed an accurate self-assessment (I'm not convinced), then you are one unusual female.
Thank you!

And, whether you're convinced or not is irrelevant. You asked me a question, I answered. If you don't like the answer, I can't help ya. Good luck with this topic, by the way. I have a feeling that this is a pretty loaded topic.

Would you tell us, instead, what you want us to conclude via your questioning of this subject? I may agree with you or not, but if you just go ahead and put the idea out there, people can actually choose to agree or disagree and you won't be viewed as trying to be a bit of a troll.

If you want a debate on the subject of "what is the definition of a player" I'm sure we could take it at an impersonal route and actually have a full on debate on the matter. Hell, it may help people widen their perspectives on what a player really is, or can be understood to be. Far more constructive as a topic.
Unread February 24th, 2012, 08:27 PM   #17
Dasmi
St. Valentines

Dasmi has a reputation beyond reputeDasmi has a reputation beyond reputeDasmi has a reputation beyond reputeDasmi has a reputation beyond reputeDasmi has a reputation beyond reputeDasmi has a reputation beyond reputeDasmi has a reputation beyond reputeDasmi has a reputation beyond reputeDasmi has a reputation beyond reputeDasmi has a reputation beyond reputeDasmi has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

You are comparing two different types of relationships - familial and romantic. Flawed argument.

Polyamory exists for those that want multiple partners. It works and I know people who live the lifestyle. Different people want different things and we each need to find someone who wants the same. Why is it so important to you to force-feed everyone your lifestyle? You shouldn't need affirmation that it's okay.

Hier kommt die Sonne
Dasmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread February 25th, 2012, 08:15 AM   #18
Galapagos
Flirtatious

Galapagos is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

He's lying to me and I'm not buying into it

I belong to the school of thought that if given the chance, every man will cheat on his SO, regardless of how much he loves her or how much he has invested in the relationship.

My boyfriend knows very well how skeptical I am of him and every other man. He may cheat at some point in the future, in which case I will dump him and move on to the next man. No big deal. I can find a relationship easier than I can find a pair of matching shoes in my closet.
Galapagos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread February 25th, 2012, 09:43 AM   #19
Ben91
Casanova

Ben91 is a name known to allBen91 is a name known to allBen91 is a name known to allBen91 is a name known to allBen91 is a name known to allBen91 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galapagos View Post
He's lying to me and I'm not buying into it

I belong to the school of thought that if given the chance, every man will cheat on his SO, regardless of how much he loves her or how much he has invested in the relationship.

My boyfriend knows very well how skeptical I am of him and every other man. He may cheat at some point in the future, in which case I will dump him and move on to the next man. No big deal. I can find a relationship easier than I can find a pair of matching shoes in my closet.

We talked about getting married though, and already had names for our child. Our case is different because we loved each other. Blablabla
Ben91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread February 25th, 2012, 10:58 AM   #20
Samson
Flirtatious

Samson will become famous soon enoughSamson will become famous soon enough

Hmmm I'm having trouble figuring out what this thread is even about. Are you really asking why most women would not like to be with a man who is going to be promiscuous? That cant be it...
Samson is offline   Reply With Quote