Members: 15,594
Threads: 38,397
Online: 58

Newest Member: jamie04

Go Back   The Relationship Forums > General Discussion > The Water Cooler

Notices

The Water Cooler The official off-topic forum of The Relationship Forums. The new home of MEDIA MAYHEM AND CREATIVE CORNER. Anything goes, (within reason of course!)

Unread November 16th, 2013, 02:26 AM   #1
oxytocinbite
Flirtatious

oxytocinbite is just really niceoxytocinbite is just really niceoxytocinbite is just really niceoxytocinbite is just really niceoxytocinbite is just really nice
Default Longest time with no contact?

I am wondering what is the longest you went without contact from your bf/gf? My bf is going to the Philippines to help with disaster relief with is amazing and I am so proud of him. I am just worried about him and we don't have any way of contacting each other since there is no service where he will be.

I don't want to seem overly needy but I already miss him and he just left today, I think it's more the fact he will be in a bit of a dangerous situation and I can't know if he is okay or not. From emotional trauma to physical, I trust he can handle it but I know he can get some ptsd, he got some when he was working in pediatric care. I was able to talk to him on the phone since we were long distance at the time to help him feel better.

I will be going 10 days without anything and it sucks but I can handle it. I was wondering what was the longest you all went without contact..not a fight or anything just where they need to be somewhere and you can't call them?
oxytocinbite is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread November 16th, 2013, 02:42 AM   #2
OvershareDude
Hates Workdays

OvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Longest time with no contact?

I'd have to say I've never actually been in this situation, in the 8.5 years we've been together. I've been able to talk to her (even if it's something as small as a good night text) every day since we got together.

They're = They are (eg, They're not wearing any clothes!)
Their = Possessive (eg, Check out their boobies!)
There = locality (eg There is a naked chick in the water)
Your = Possessive (eg I can see your boobies through that wet t-shirt)
You're = You are (eg You're getting dressed? Damn...)
OvershareDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread November 16th, 2013, 03:35 AM   #3
Seventh Door
Flirtatious

Seventh Door has a spectacular aura aboutSeventh Door has a spectacular aura about

Three weeks without any contact when i was married.

Last edited by Seventh Door; November 16th, 2013 at 03:39 AM..
Seventh Door is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread November 16th, 2013, 04:02 AM   #4
oxytocinbite
Flirtatious

oxytocinbite is just really niceoxytocinbite is just really niceoxytocinbite is just really niceoxytocinbite is just really niceoxytocinbite is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by OvershareDude View Post
I'd have to say I've never actually been in this situation, in the 8.5 years we've been together. I've been able to talk to her (even if it's something as small as a good night text) every day since we got together.
I would say lucky but I know some people like time away from there spouse..seriously though I can't sleep. I have never had to go more then a day without hearing from him. I hate this xD It doesn't help I am kind of scared of the dark so I'm cuddling my stuffed animals haha I feel like a little kid.
Unread November 16th, 2013, 04:08 AM   #5
OvershareDude
Hates Workdays

OvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond repute

Occasionally we spend the night apart (like tonight, she's gone out to dinner then she'll stay at her parents). I hug the pillow to go to sleep and I'm 30, so don't feel bad

They're = They are (eg, They're not wearing any clothes!)
Their = Possessive (eg, Check out their boobies!)
There = locality (eg There is a naked chick in the water)
Your = Possessive (eg I can see your boobies through that wet t-shirt)
You're = You are (eg You're getting dressed? Damn...)
OvershareDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread November 16th, 2013, 11:42 AM   #6
Connor
Flirtatious

Connor has a spectacular aura aboutConnor has a spectacular aura aboutConnor has a spectacular aura about

I once had no contact with an ex-girlfriend (my girlfriend at the time) for two weeks. This was different from your situation though, because we lived 25 minutes apart, and I stopped contacting her to see if she cared to contact me. Needless to say, we were no longer together after that time.

Not being able to contact a loved one is indeed very difficult, but it can also show you how much you mean to each other. Being apart can actually strengthen a relationship. If you keep that in mind, that should help you cope with this time apart. He'll be contacting you soon and you'll be back together quicker than you think.

It sounds like this guy is a winner too! Congratulations
Unread November 16th, 2013, 03:14 PM   #7
oxytocinbite
Flirtatious

Thanks, he is surely a winner.
Unread November 16th, 2013, 03:34 PM   #8
Dasmi
St. Valentines

Dasmi has a reputation beyond reputeDasmi has a reputation beyond reputeDasmi has a reputation beyond reputeDasmi has a reputation beyond reputeDasmi has a reputation beyond reputeDasmi has a reputation beyond reputeDasmi has a reputation beyond reputeDasmi has a reputation beyond reputeDasmi has a reputation beyond reputeDasmi has a reputation beyond reputeDasmi has a reputation beyond repute

The longest was 3 days. But that's because my boyfriend (at that time) was busy boinking a fry cook.

So yeah, your guy is way better.

Hier kommt die Sonne
Dasmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread November 16th, 2013, 04:45 PM   #9
foh4k
Elite Romantic

foh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond repute

Mine has been 3 glorious years.

Fucking Shit Princess!!!!
There is overwhelming evidence that the higher the level of self-esteem, the more likely one will treat others with respect, kindness, and generosity. People who do not experience self-love have little or no capacity to love others.
foh4k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread November 16th, 2013, 04:49 PM   #10
oxytocinbite
Flirtatious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasmi View Post
The longest was 3 days. But that's because my boyfriend (at that time) was busy boinking a fry cook.

So yeah, your guy is way better.
lmao noo, I am sure your guy is good at cooking...nevermind mine is better jk! x)
Unread November 16th, 2013, 11:42 PM   #11
Dasmi
St. Valentines

Dasmi has a reputation beyond reputeDasmi has a reputation beyond reputeDasmi has a reputation beyond reputeDasmi has a reputation beyond reputeDasmi has a reputation beyond reputeDasmi has a reputation beyond reputeDasmi has a reputation beyond reputeDasmi has a reputation beyond reputeDasmi has a reputation beyond reputeDasmi has a reputation beyond reputeDasmi has a reputation beyond repute

Hah, that was my ex! Current boyfriend is much better than my ex but we've never been out of touch for even a day so the only thing I could think of was the chubby chaser. =/

Hier kommt die Sonne
Unread November 17th, 2013, 01:34 AM   #12
oxytocinbite
Flirtatious

oh okay, you guys are lucky...this honestly sucks. I got a call from him today though, he is at a hotel and then tomorrow leaving for the Philippines. Probably the last time I will talk to him though, it was a surprise though.
Unread November 17th, 2013, 12:04 PM   #13
Connor
Flirtatious

Connor has a spectacular aura aboutConnor has a spectacular aura aboutConnor has a spectacular aura about

Nice! Now I guess it's time to watch everything there is on Netflix for this week or two
Unread November 20th, 2013, 03:31 PM   #14
Isis1956

Isis1956 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxytocinbite View Post
I am wondering what is the longest you went without contact from your bf/gf? My bf is going to the Philippines to help with disaster relief with is amazing and I am so proud of him. I am just worried about him and we don't have any way of contacting each other since there is no service where he will be.

I don't want to seem overly needy but I already miss him and he just left today, I think it's more the fact he will be in a bit of a dangerous situation and I can't know if he is okay or not. From emotional trauma to physical, I trust he can handle it but I know he can get some ptsd, he got some when he was working in pediatric care. I was able to talk to him on the phone since we were long distance at the time to help him feel better.

I will be going 10 days without anything and it sucks but I can handle it. I was wondering what was the longest you all went without contact..not a fight or anything just where they need to be somewhere and you can't call them?
I went for three and a half years with only about two hours of contact with my husband, It was due to the needs of the Navy, He was on Submarines, Really hard way to endure relationship.
Isis1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread November 20th, 2013, 04:54 PM   #15
nonsense
Love Guru

nonsense has a reputation beyond reputenonsense has a reputation beyond reputenonsense has a reputation beyond reputenonsense has a reputation beyond reputenonsense has a reputation beyond reputenonsense has a reputation beyond reputenonsense has a reputation beyond reputenonsense has a reputation beyond reputenonsense has a reputation beyond reputenonsense has a reputation beyond reputenonsense has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by oxytocinbite View Post

Traumatized from taking care of kids????????
Unread November 20th, 2013, 09:28 PM   #16
Lucid_Nuts
Love Guru

Location: digging through the silverware drawer for more spoons
Lucid_Nuts has a reputation beyond reputeLucid_Nuts has a reputation beyond reputeLucid_Nuts has a reputation beyond reputeLucid_Nuts has a reputation beyond reputeLucid_Nuts has a reputation beyond reputeLucid_Nuts has a reputation beyond reputeLucid_Nuts has a reputation beyond reputeLucid_Nuts has a reputation beyond reputeLucid_Nuts has a reputation beyond reputeLucid_Nuts has a reputation beyond reputeLucid_Nuts has a reputation beyond repute

nonsense, taking care of kids can be extremely traumatic. they're feisty little buggers! :P

as for lack of contact, i think the longest i went without Mr. Nuts was probably a week, while he was a broke-ass college student in Italy and i was at home with my parents and our son. he would call his mom collect at work (she worked for TWA), she would call me and connect me, and then she'd hang up. i still think she loves me more than him sometimes!

overall, longest was the 6 weeks it took my ex-boyfriend Matt to gain the courage to call me and actually break up with me. i'd already figured it out, but still. when you're 15, and your actual relationship is 8 weeks old when the silence starts, you might figure it out in 6 weeks, too.
Use your spoons wisely.

Give it time. Always, give it time.
Lucid_Nuts is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread November 21st, 2013, 07:45 AM   #17
Dasmi
St. Valentines

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonsense View Post
Traumatized from taking care of kids????????
She said he's going to help with disaster relief so I wouldn't be surprised if he ends up seeing some rather terrible things. I imagine seeing these terrible things happening to children could be really painful.

Hier kommt die Sonne
Unread November 21st, 2013, 09:47 AM   #18
nonsense
Love Guru

nonsense has a reputation beyond reputenonsense has a reputation beyond reputenonsense has a reputation beyond reputenonsense has a reputation beyond reputenonsense has a reputation beyond reputenonsense has a reputation beyond reputenonsense has a reputation beyond reputenonsense has a reputation beyond reputenonsense has a reputation beyond reputenonsense has a reputation beyond reputenonsense has a reputation beyond repute

He's going to Philippines now. He was in pediatric care before. I have a few friends in there right now too
Unread November 24th, 2013, 03:26 PM   #19
oxytocinbite
Flirtatious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isis1956 View Post
I went for three and a half years with only about two hours of contact with my husband, It was due to the needs of the Navy, He was on Submarines, Really hard way to endure relationship.
Wow that must of been very hard, are you two still together? You guys are really strong!
Unread November 24th, 2013, 03:27 PM   #20
oxytocinbite
Flirtatious

Quote:
Originally Posted by nonsense View Post
He's going to Philippines now. He was in pediatric care before. I have a few friends in there right now too
Awesome and he will be back in a few days. I guess he also went down to Illinois to help with the tornado disaster as well. ^-^