Members: 15,455
Threads: 38,266
Online: 41

Newest Member: DavidRob

Go Back   The Relationship Forums > General Discussion > The Water Cooler

Notices

The Water Cooler The official off-topic forum of The Relationship Forums. The new home of MEDIA MAYHEM AND CREATIVE CORNER. Anything goes, (within reason of course!)

Unread February 29th, 2012, 04:58 AM   #121
Carnation
Instant Breakfast

Carnation has a reputation beyond reputeCarnation has a reputation beyond reputeCarnation has a reputation beyond reputeCarnation has a reputation beyond reputeCarnation has a reputation beyond reputeCarnation has a reputation beyond reputeCarnation has a reputation beyond reputeCarnation has a reputation beyond reputeCarnation has a reputation beyond reputeCarnation has a reputation beyond reputeCarnation has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: I want to lose some weight

As Dasmi said, you'll stop craving it after a while. Surprisingly enough, a while after I gave up soda I decided to have a Sprite, but was disgusted by how sugary it was. Once you get the stuff out of your system and you change what your palate is used to. It took me a while to get rid of processed sugar from my diet, but after weaning off it slowly it finally has worked and paid off; I really can't go back either. You learn to find things to replace that sweet feeling with, like certain fruits.

As for fluid intake, learn to make your own fruit smoothies, or learn to love tea. There are so many which don't need to be sweetened, because they're naturally that way.

Oh, and fast food. I unintentionally got rid of that from my diet when I moved across country, and after I year I had a craving for Taco Bell. My body was so not used to the crap that I spent the night in the bathroom with an incredibly upset stomach. I counted that as a blessing.

"Love is not an affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained."
-C.S. Lewis
Carnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread March 9th, 2012, 07:32 PM   #122
stasia
Love Machine

stasia is a splendid one to beholdstasia is a splendid one to beholdstasia is a splendid one to beholdstasia is a splendid one to beholdstasia is a splendid one to beholdstasia is a splendid one to beholdstasia is a splendid one to behold

I've never been more than 130 (I'm 120 right now which is still a lot for only being 5 ft 1) but I notice that when I cook all my food I don't eat as much as compared to when I'm always at school and buying food. I lost almost 10 pounds this semester just because I'm poor and so I bring my food with me and when it's gone that's all I get. I drink a lot of water too because it's free lol
stasia is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread March 17th, 2012, 10:42 PM   #123
Dasmi
St. Valentines

Dasmi has a reputation beyond reputeDasmi has a reputation beyond reputeDasmi has a reputation beyond reputeDasmi has a reputation beyond reputeDasmi has a reputation beyond reputeDasmi has a reputation beyond reputeDasmi has a reputation beyond reputeDasmi has a reputation beyond reputeDasmi has a reputation beyond reputeDasmi has a reputation beyond reputeDasmi has a reputation beyond repute

I'm back on track after a week at home and I'm pretty proud of myself. Despite my Mom cooking and buying everything between doughnuts, muffins, and mashed potatoes with gravy I didn't gain one single pound! And now I'm jogging/walking 3 miles about every other day or so.

Hier kommt die Sonne
Dasmi is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread April 12th, 2012, 06:37 PM   #124
Carnation
Instant Breakfast

Carnation has a reputation beyond reputeCarnation has a reputation beyond reputeCarnation has a reputation beyond reputeCarnation has a reputation beyond reputeCarnation has a reputation beyond reputeCarnation has a reputation beyond reputeCarnation has a reputation beyond reputeCarnation has a reputation beyond reputeCarnation has a reputation beyond reputeCarnation has a reputation beyond reputeCarnation has a reputation beyond repute

Muahahaha...

"Love is not an affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained."
-C.S. Lewis
Carnation is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread April 12th, 2012, 10:40 PM   #125
nonsense
Love Guru

nonsense has a reputation beyond reputenonsense has a reputation beyond reputenonsense has a reputation beyond reputenonsense has a reputation beyond reputenonsense has a reputation beyond reputenonsense has a reputation beyond reputenonsense has a reputation beyond reputenonsense has a reputation beyond reputenonsense has a reputation beyond reputenonsense has a reputation beyond reputenonsense has a reputation beyond repute

I did a competition for weightlifting this easter.
Monday I was 84kg (185lbs), so mon, tues, wed, thur I cut out carbs, breakfast, dairy products. Didn't do too much exercise at all (a little run)
On thursday, my friend picked me up at 2PM to go grocery shopping. I was 79.2kg (174.6) at that time. I cooked dinner for him and his fiancee, but didn't eat dinner. I spent thursday night playing video games with him while wearing a baggage suit and spitting. Before I went to sleep at 2AM friday morning, I was 78.5kg.
I slept with 3 layers of clothes, when I woke up I was 77.8(171.5).Starting Friday, I don't drink any liquid at all. Skipped breakfast and lunch, and I was 76.8kg (169lbs). The weightclass was 77kg. Since I wasn't sure of the calibration on my scale, I wanna give some room for errors. So on saturday morning, I weighed in at 76.3 (168.2lbs) on my own scale, and weighed exactly the same on their scale. WTF?

After I ate a bit back since my lifts will be 2hrs after weigh-in. Gained back to 80kgs (175lbs) Now I am back to 83kgs, 182lbs.
Unread April 12th, 2012, 11:16 PM   #126
OvershareDude
Hates Workdays

OvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond reputeOvershareDude has a reputation beyond repute

Wow WTF?
Megacrashdietmuch??!

I'm way too ashamed of my weight at the moment, but am now actually doing something about it.

Less soda, more water and trying to walk more

They're = They are (eg, They're not wearing any clothes!)
Their = Possessive (eg, Check out their boobies!)
There = locality (eg There is a naked chick in the water)
Your = Possessive (eg I can see your boobies through that wet t-shirt)
You're = You are (eg You're getting dressed? Damn...)
OvershareDude is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread April 12th, 2012, 11:52 PM   #127
nonsense
Love Guru

nonsense has a reputation beyond reputenonsense has a reputation beyond reputenonsense has a reputation beyond reputenonsense has a reputation beyond reputenonsense has a reputation beyond reputenonsense has a reputation beyond reputenonsense has a reputation beyond reputenonsense has a reputation beyond reputenonsense has a reputation beyond reputenonsense has a reputation beyond reputenonsense has a reputation beyond repute

Overshare: that wasn't a hard cut at all. And if you look at it, I woulnd't call it a crash diet, let alone a mega one.
All I skipped was breakfast for last week, and ate once on thurs and nothing on friday. I've gone longer without food before
Just restricted carbs, things with other kinds of sugars in my diet