Members: 15,354
Threads: 37,897
Online: 71

Newest Member: VioletIris62

Go Back   The Relationship Forums > The Relationship > Down in the Dumps

Notices

Down in the Dumps Breaking up is a difficult time. How does it go? Denial, Anger, acceptance? No... that's not it. Come to this forum to find out what it's really like.

Unread February 24th, 2012, 07:13 PM   #1
macca

macca is on a distinguished road
Default cant let go of her but i want to. HELP

Here goes. I got with my ex girlfriend around 3 years ago and we fell in love after about 4 months we were so happy. About 6 months into the relationship i cheated on her(something i will never forgive myself for, and something i would never do again) by kissing a girl on a night out when i was drunk, i was to scared to tell her and felt terrible. About 4 months after this she found out through someone else. I denied it and was awful to her but came clean in the end. The relationship ended briefly but we quickly got back together after nights of tears she could genuinly see i was so sorry and regretted everything. since then i would say we have broke up and got back together a total of 8 times, the longest of those lasting around 2 months and we go through the same process over and over and over again. we split up, and after a week or whatever she will txt saying she misses me and i tell her i do too because i do. We end up meeting up, sleeping together and getting back together. Because of what i did to her, the amount of effort i put in to her and love and time is unbelievable, honestly none of my friends treat there gf like i do. However although she is a faithful person who loves me deep down she walks all over me sometimes and is so selfish. we live 100 miles apart so communication is a big thing with us, thats all i ask for. and nowadays she can never be bothered to ring me, its always me that spends all of my money going to see her, i buy her nice things and she doesnt ring me to say thanks. If we argue or im not happy with her she always turns it on me because i cheated on her and its like she can never do anything wrong even though i no she treats me badly. When wer togerther its fine its when we are apart that its not. Dont get me wrong she is the most beautiful girl i have ever seen and she is the only girl iv ever loved and when we are together i feel like nonone else matters. Im writing this after dumping her again last night for treating me bad but i want it to be for good this time i no i deserve better and i need to move on
macca is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread February 24th, 2012, 07:48 PM   #2
foh4k
Elite Romantic

foh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: cant let go of her but i want to. HELP

If you really want it to be for good, and you're willing to take ACTION not just talk about it do this:

Don't ever answer a text, phone call or any correspondence delete them without reading them. Also don't ever contact her again. No sappy I miss you's, no sappy I love you's none of that shit.

If you think you need some kind of closure your not going to get it from another person you give it to yourself. Your silence will send a very distinct message. You contact her or allow her to contact you and your sending a mixed message or the message that you can be emotionally had again.

If you really want to make a break stop all contact of any sorts.
There is overwhelming evidence that the higher the level of self-esteem, the more likely one will treat others with respect, kindness, and generosity. People who do not experience self-love have little or no capacity to love others.
foh4k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread February 26th, 2012, 02:11 PM   #3
Iski

Iski is on a distinguished road

It is very hard tobe strong, try this time...it is hard to fix a broken glass. If you get back together get professional advise
Iski is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread February 26th, 2012, 06:51 PM   #4
macca

macca is on a distinguished road

thanks for the advice, i think the no contact thing is a good idea. i just hope im strong enough to see it through. do you think she knows what shes doing when she treats me like this? or do you think its her natural way of dealing with things because of what i did to her all that time ago?
macca is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread February 26th, 2012, 07:03 PM   #5
foh4k
Elite Romantic

foh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond repute

Who cares? You're going no contact its irrelevant now.
There is overwhelming evidence that the higher the level of self-esteem, the more likely one will treat others with respect, kindness, and generosity. People who do not experience self-love have little or no capacity to love others.
foh4k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread February 26th, 2012, 08:40 PM   #6
Ben91
Casanova

Ben91 is a name known to allBen91 is a name known to allBen91 is a name known to allBen91 is a name known to allBen91 is a name known to allBen91 is a name known to all

you cheating on her by kissing another girl...

Why do i feel like bursting out laughing right now oh lord............

We talked about getting married though, and already had names for our child. Our case is different because we loved each other. Blablabla
Ben91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread February 27th, 2012, 11:33 AM   #7
phasesofthemoon
I'm not a moderator yet?

Status: Happily connected for many years ! Oh, and glad I'm not a Moderator :D
phasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond repute

I don't know why you feel like bursting out laughing.. care to elaborate on your amusement so we can try to give you an answer?
"First off, welcome to the Relationship Forums, You'll come to understand that I don't pull any punches when giving my opinion/advice and I hope you're not so sensitive to what I see as the truth of the matter." Me!
phasesofthemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread February 27th, 2012, 01:06 PM   #8
Ben91
Casanova

Ben91 is a name known to allBen91 is a name known to allBen91 is a name known to allBen91 is a name known to allBen91 is a name known to allBen91 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by phasesofthemoon View Post
I don't know why you feel like bursting out laughing.. care to elaborate on your amusement so we can try to give you an answer?
nuno

We talked about getting married though, and already had names for our child. Our case is different because we loved each other. Blablabla
Ben91 is offline   Reply With Quote