Members: 15,634
Threads: 38,443
Online: 38

Newest Member: waterfront 23

Go Back   The Relationship Forums > General Discussion > Health and Lifestyle

Notices

Health and Lifestyle Feeling sick? Or maybe just flabby? Learn how to stay healthy and fit - and generally avoid breaking - by posting your questions here. NEW HOME OF MIRROR MIRROR and NURSES OFFICE

Unread February 23rd, 2012, 11:54 PM   #1
Ben91
Casanova

Ben91 is a name known to allBen91 is a name known to allBen91 is a name known to allBen91 is a name known to allBen91 is a name known to allBen91 is a name known to all
Default Sleeping Problems?

Last night i went to bed at like 12 and figured i'll get up for work at 7am...

So went bed at 12 i'd say i finally fell asleep at 4am and woke up at 11am...

Tonight....

Went bed at 1? tried falling asleep for 3 hours and couldn't had to get back up...
It's now nearly 5am i have work at 7am and have to be at my doctors at 9:45am

You'd think i was drinking red bull all day and eating coffee.

wtffffff is this?

We talked about getting married though, and already had names for our child. Our case is different because we loved each other. Blablabla
Ben91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread February 27th, 2012, 04:59 AM   #2
yellow.rose
St. Valentines

yellow.rose has a reputation beyond reputeyellow.rose has a reputation beyond reputeyellow.rose has a reputation beyond reputeyellow.rose has a reputation beyond reputeyellow.rose has a reputation beyond reputeyellow.rose has a reputation beyond reputeyellow.rose has a reputation beyond reputeyellow.rose has a reputation beyond reputeyellow.rose has a reputation beyond reputeyellow.rose has a reputation beyond reputeyellow.rose has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Sleeping Problems?

I don't know how to solve the problem but I can sympathize. I imagine it's stress and various thoughts keeping you up, would you agree? If you can find a way to solve those issues, that would be the best sleeping pill. If it's not as easy as that, there are a few things that might help:
1) Masterbate (I'm serious, it's a stress-reliever).
2) Take a hot shower and cuddle up under warm covers.
3) Play some kind of music that is soft enough to allow you to sleep but hopefully distracting enough for you to pay attention to it instead of to your stressed thoughts.
4) My mother swears by Valerian Root, it's a natural relaxant/sedative. It won't make you fall asleep but may just take enough of the tension/anxiety away for you to fall asleep.
5) Sleeping pills if it really gets bad. But I'd keep this to a last, last resort.

Good luck, hope you get some good rest soon.
yellow.rose is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread February 27th, 2012, 10:24 AM   #3
Kuky
Administrator

Kuky has a reputation beyond reputeKuky has a reputation beyond reputeKuky has a reputation beyond reputeKuky has a reputation beyond reputeKuky has a reputation beyond reputeKuky has a reputation beyond reputeKuky has a reputation beyond reputeKuky has a reputation beyond reputeKuky has a reputation beyond reputeKuky has a reputation beyond reputeKuky has a reputation beyond repute

And since you're seeing the doctor, might as well... you know... bring it up.
Unread March 4th, 2012, 12:34 AM   #4
avi.esme

avi.esme is on a distinguished road

I'm an RN and I normally ask my patients if they are eating late, drinking late (alcohol, soda) or stressed...

Normally it's Stress but at times I do get patients who eat between 6-10pm DEPENDING on what they eat it causes them heartburn that doesn't give them the typical symptoms

Sooooo since this post was from last week how did your visit go?
avi.esme is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread March 9th, 2012, 10:12 PM   #5
Ben91
Casanova

Ben91 is a name known to allBen91 is a name known to allBen91 is a name known to allBen91 is a name known to allBen91 is a name known to allBen91 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by avi.esme View Post
I'm an RN and I normally ask my patients if they are eating late, drinking late (alcohol, soda) or stressed...

Normally it's Stress but at times I do get patients who eat between 6-10pm DEPENDING on what they eat it causes them heartburn that doesn't give them the typical symptoms

Sooooo since this post was from last week how did your visit go?
Overslept, Then couldn't rebook as it included getting a check up at the hospital with scans and things so now I'm waiting for another gall stone attack then I'll speak to my doctor again.

Sleeping at the moment is fine however, Just figures when i go from working out to doing nothing, all day it affects my ability to sleep at night Marjory.

Also toke 3 valiums the other night... Fell asleep on the hotel stairs not realising how powerful they were, Woke up in the morning with people walking pass me and breakfast being served (o.0)

We talked about getting married though, and already had names for our child. Our case is different because we loved each other. Blablabla
Ben91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread March 10th, 2012, 01:59 AM   #6
foh4k
Elite Romantic

foh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond reputefoh4k has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben91 View Post
Also toke 3 valiums the other night... Fell asleep on the hotel stairs not realising how powerful they were, Woke up in the morning with people walking pass me and breakfast being served (o.0)
Geee is this part of the hotels new marketing strategy?

We'll make you so comfortable you'll sleep anywhere?
There is overwhelming evidence that the higher the level of self-esteem, the more likely one will treat others with respect, kindness, and generosity. People who do not experience self-love have little or no capacity to love others.
foh4k is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread March 11th, 2012, 10:57 AM   #7
kuju
well-traveled

kuju has a reputation beyond reputekuju has a reputation beyond reputekuju has a reputation beyond reputekuju has a reputation beyond reputekuju has a reputation beyond reputekuju has a reputation beyond reputekuju has a reputation beyond reputekuju has a reputation beyond reputekuju has a reputation beyond reputekuju has a reputation beyond reputekuju has a reputation beyond repute

three valliums?

Okay, how about you stop acting like an idiot regarding your sleep, and THEN come and ask questions about how to manage it better?

Try taking ONE Dimenhydrinate, 25mg. That's Dramamine in the states, Gravol in Canada... etc. Take it about 45 minutes before you want to go to sleep. Set 2-3 alarms spaced 10 minutes apart, the last one for when you REALLY want to get up. Make sure that the last alarm clock is NOT near your bed, but preferably in the bathroom next to the sink.

Don't eat for 4 hours before bed. Sleep in a dark room. Find a good pillow situation. Make sure the room is a good temperature (i.e. not too warm). Don't read in bed. Have a bedtime routine. Give yourself sufficient sleep time. And all those other things that countless articles online tell you to do to get a good night's sleep.

English. It's your language. Learn to type it.

kuju is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread March 16th, 2012, 10:06 AM   #8
Brifflez
Love Machine

Brifflez has a brilliant futureBrifflez has a brilliant futureBrifflez has a brilliant futureBrifflez has a brilliant futureBrifflez has a brilliant futureBrifflez has a brilliant futureBrifflez has a brilliant futureBrifflez has a brilliant futureBrifflez has a brilliant futureBrifflez has a brilliant futureBrifflez has a brilliant future

How old are you?
Brifflez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread March 16th, 2012, 10:47 AM   #9
phasesofthemoon
I'm not a moderator yet?

Status: Happily connected for many years ! Oh, and glad I'm not a Moderator :D
phasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond reputephasesofthemoon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Also toke 3 valiums the other night... Fell asleep on the hotel stairs not realising how powerful they were,
hmmm, if we could ask Whitney Houston I wonder if she would say the same thing?

Wisen up, benny-boy... M'kay!
"First off, welcome to the Relationship Forums, You'll come to understand that I don't pull any punches when giving my opinion/advice and I hope you're not so sensitive to what I see as the truth of the matter." Me!
phasesofthemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread March 22nd, 2012, 09:38 PM   #10
Dagwood
St. Valentines

Dagwood has a reputation beyond reputeDagwood has a reputation beyond reputeDagwood has a reputation beyond reputeDagwood has a reputation beyond reputeDagwood has a reputation beyond reputeDagwood has a reputation beyond reputeDagwood has a reputation beyond reputeDagwood has a reputation beyond reputeDagwood has a reputation beyond reputeDagwood has a reputation beyond reputeDagwood has a reputation beyond repute

I'd go all natural.

1. Don't let yourself nap during the day.
2. Don't eat at least one hour before bed.
3. Exercise if you can, especially 3-4 hours before bed.
4. Masturbate....funny but it releases natural relaxing drugs.
5. Play quiet relaxing music (wind pipes, soft rock, nature sounds)
Dagwood is offline   Reply With Quote