Members: 15,787
Threads: 38,576
Online: 48

Newest Member: PrincessPeach

Go Back   The Relationship Forums > The Relationship > The Chase

Notices

The Chase Places, People, Roses... everything involved in the dating game, as well as including that First Kiss and more! New home of FLIRTATION LOCATION and THE GAME

Unread February 25th, 2012, 12:10 PM   #21
Samson
Flirtatious

Samson will become famous soon enoughSamson will become famous soon enough
Default Re: To the women on this forum: Why do you hate "players" (i.e. promiscuous men)?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galapagos View Post
He's lying to me and I'm not buying into it

I belong to the school of thought that if given the chance, every man will cheat on his SO, regardless of how much he loves her or how much he has invested in the relationship.

My boyfriend knows very well how skeptical I am of him and every other man. He may cheat at some point in the future, in which case I will dump him and move on to the next man. No big deal. I can find a relationship easier than I can find a pair of matching shoes in my closet.
I went to my good friend's sister's 19th bday party last week without my girl. I was the slightly older/best friend of the guy throwing the party and this led to many hot young drunk girls hitting on me. Other than politely returning conversation I did not return any advances. Hell I even had access to a whole mansion of empty bedrooms (the party was at the house) that my buddy would of been more than happy to let me use. In fact, there was two of us that my buddy invited over and the other guy was in the same boat as me. He reacted the same way as me and he was really drunk even.

If what you say is true than how is that even possible? Both of us are in our 20s (suppose to be really horny right?) and could of had a pick of sexy girls 18-22. They were comming up to us in pairs trying to pick us up.
Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread February 25th, 2012, 12:21 PM   #22
Galapagos
Flirtatious

Galapagos is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: To the women on this forum: Why do you hate "players" (i.e. promiscuous men)?

Quote:
I went to my good friend's sister's 19th bday party last week without my girl. I was the slightly older/best friend of the guy throwing the party and this led to many hot young drunk girls hitting on me. Other than politely returning conversation I did not return any advances. Hell I even had access to a whole mansion of empty bedrooms (the party was at the house) that my buddy would of been more than happy to let me use. In fact, there was two of us that my buddy invited over and the other guy was in the same boat as me. He reacted the same way as me and he was really drunk even.

If what you say is true than how is that even possible? Both of us are in our 20s (suppose to be really horny right?) and could of had a pick of sexy girls 18-22. They were comming up to us in pairs trying to pick us up.
That's refreshing to hear. But I still stand by my statement that a man will cheat if given the opportunity. Who knows? Maybe a few years down the line when the relationship grows predictable and you're approached by someone you're really interested in, you'll seriously consider cheating. Circumstances, my friend.

But I do commend you on not hooking up with these drunk bitches. Keep up the good work!
Galapagos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread February 25th, 2012, 12:25 PM   #23
Galapagos
Flirtatious

Galapagos is an unknown quantity at this point

Oh, and I also want to add that having multiple sexual partners increases one's risk of contracting STDs. You can sit here and argue that if condoms are used it shouldn't be a problem yadda yadda yadda, but accidents happen. I don't want to pay for these types of accidents if I'm dating a guy who is having sex with multiple women.
Galapagos is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread February 25th, 2012, 03:12 PM   #24
English_Rose
Mrs Welshie

English_Rose has much to be proud ofEnglish_Rose has much to be proud ofEnglish_Rose has much to be proud ofEnglish_Rose has much to be proud ofEnglish_Rose has much to be proud ofEnglish_Rose has much to be proud ofEnglish_Rose has much to be proud ofEnglish_Rose has much to be proud ofEnglish_Rose has much to be proud ofEnglish_Rose has much to be proud of

I don't "hate" promiscuous men, I just wouldn't be involved with one because that's not my style or the kind of guy who could give me what I want.

There are women who live the promiscuous lifestyle and they are obviously the kinds who are more suited for promiscuous men. Let like types be with like types, if two promiscuous types have a fling and move on the next day, why is that my business to poke my nose into and chastise them for it? I would be a bigot if I expected them to live their life the traditional way like I do.

I think it sounds like your issue is that you're trying to mix promiscuous man with traditional woman. Traditional women aren't good for promiscuous men and vice versa because they are not like types, they want different things and are two very different people. Traditional men find what they're looking for in traditional women, and promiscuous men find what they're looking for in promiscuous women, live and let live, but don't expect one to become the other to suit your needs.
Unread February 25th, 2012, 05:50 PM   #25
Samson
Flirtatious

Samson will become famous soon enoughSamson will become famous soon enough

Quote:
That's refreshing to hear. But I still stand by my statement that a man will cheat if given the opportunity. Who knows? Maybe a few years down the line when the relationship grows predictable and you're approached by someone you're really interested in, you'll seriously consider cheating. Circumstances, my friend.

But I do commend you on not hooking up with these drunk bitches. Keep up the good work!
I just think your statements make it sound that every man will cheat at any opportunity. I agree that any man CAN cheat given the opportunity (so can any women) but the words you choose to use imply 100% of the time. My single experience shows what you said to be inaccurate.

You can not have a successful relationship without trust.
Samson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread February 25th, 2012, 10:52 PM   #26
Sonny
Love Guru

Sonny has a spectacular aura aboutSonny has a spectacular aura about

Quote:

It sounds like you've been burnt once or twice and are now applying a generalisation to the whole population. That's bad statistical analysis my friend. Your boyfriend will also be peeved with your lack of trust.

If a guy or girl has a core value not to cheat (like myself) then the predictability or degradation of their relationship isn't likely to affect their decision. Some of us like to keep our lives drama free.

Last edited by Sonny; February 25th, 2012 at 10:59 PM.. Reason: More
Sonny is offline   Reply With Quote